Body: Using 4mm hook, DK purple yarn. Magic ring or CH4 and join to make ring
1) Ch2, 10 HDC in ring, sl stitch join
2) Ch2, 2HDC in each stitch around, sl stitch join
3) Ch2, 1HDC in each stitch around, sl stitch join
4-9) Repeat row 3 six times or until hat is desired height, finish off
Hair: Cut 20 strands of yellow DK yarn, approx 20cm long. Double each strand and knot to a loop on inside 1 row up into hat (so that hair appears to come from inside the hat, not attached to bottom). On each stitch around you should have two strands dangling down (one piece of yarn doubled over). Take half of the strands and group into 3 and plait. Knot at bottom. Repeat on other side.
Flowers: Using 2.75mm hook. 4 in purple yarn, 1 in pink. Magic ring or Ch4 and join to make ring
1) Ch1, 6 HDC in ring, sl stitch join
2) Ch2, [1HDC, sl stitch into next stitch] in front loop around, sl stitch joint back loop of row 1
3) Ch3, [3DC, sl stitch into next stitch] in back loop of row 1, repeat around, sl stitch join, finish off
Sew purple flowers onto hair, sew pink flower to hat. Using pink yarn fasten to inside of hat and loosely wind down one braid, fasten to bottom flower, loosely wind back up. Thread yarn along inside of hat to the other braid and repeat on other side.