Body of hat: Using 4mm hook and DK yarn, make magic circle or Ch4 and sl stitch to form ring in red.
1) 10 HDC in ring, sl stitch join
2) Ch2 (not a stitch), 2HDC in each stitch around, sl stitch join
3) Ch2, HDC in each stitch, sl stitch join
4-10) Repeat row 3
11) Now onto the ears, Ch2, 1 HDC in each stitch for 6 stitches
12) Ch2, turn, 2HDCtog, 1HDC in next 2 stitches, 2HDCtog (4 stitches remaining)
13) Ch2, turn, 2HDCtog twice (2 stitches remaining)
14) Sl stitch around the side of the ear and along the edge of the hat to the opposite side where you will start the other ear
15-17) Repeat rows 11-13 to make other ear
18) Sl stitch around to the first ear, finish off
19) Switch to black yarn, SC around bottom edge of hat and ears
Stitch spiderweb onto hat in black yarn.
Eyes (make 2): Using 3.25mm hook and DK yarn make magic circle or Ch4 and Sl stitch to form ring in white
1) 6 SC in ring, do not join
2) Ch2, turn, 1 DC, 1 HDC, 1 SC in next two stitches, 1 HDC, 1 DC, finish off
3) Join black yarn and sl stitch around the edge of white shape
Stitch eyes to hat. To make tails attach 3 strands of yarn to the bottom of each ear (1 red, 1 white, 1 black) and plait.